Posted by: Sarah Hurd | Posted on: January 26th, 2015 | 0 Comments
How many people wake up in the morning eager to go to work? How many people walk through their company door and are greeted by people with smiles on their faces, and ask about them before their deadlines? Here at Marketing Works, we are fortunate enough to say this. “Our core value of ‘We Care’ transcends across everything we do. Whether it’s checking in on a team member, congratulating a client on a major accomplishment or giving back to our local community, we care about everyone we touch and interact with at Marketing Works.” (Sara Lowenstein, Account Coordinator)
Marketing Works is made up of leaders with vision, team members with work ethic and passion, and of course, plenty of fun. And we have big things in store for 2015, but we can’t do it alone. We are growing and need fabulous people like you to join our team. We are searching for outgoing and driven individuals to enhance our team and ultimately who align with our core values.
Essentially, we are actively seeking professionals who…
- Get it: Are you resourceful, realistic and do you understand the big picture?
- Do what it takes: Are you collaborative, do you have a strong work ethic and put others first?
- Do the right thing: Are you accountable, respectful and do you maintain integrity?
- Cares: Do you value the “human” behind the team, client, vendor, etc.?
Do you fit into one of these roles?
PR Manager. This person enjoys leading the PR efforts in our collaborative and flexible work environment. You are a creative resource who embodies the overall values of the organization. Whether it is social media consultation, planning integrated public relations campaigns, or overseeing media relations, the PR Manager understands how to positively balance their workload.
Account Supervisor. This person is positive, outgoing, and personable with a sense of humor. The Account Supervisor knows when it’s time to work and how to produce quality results. Whether it’s developing strategies, counsel or leading the execution of marketing initiatives on a variety of integrated accounts, multi-tasking is a must. If you are a strategic thinker, detail-oriented, organized, and love developing your team, perhaps this is just the right role for you!
Here’s what one of our Account Supervisors had to say about Marketing Works: “I joined the Marketing Works team because the mission, vision and values are exactly what I’ve looked for in the industry. A company and team that cares, does what it takes, understands their clients, and does the right thing.” (Lauren Hartman, Account Supervisor)
Account Manager. This person is very strategic and pays close attention to detail. The Account Manager is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside the box. You are excellent at building client relationships, creating and executing marketing plans and mentoring junior staff. If you are a creative problem solver who can prioritize and produce quality outcomes, come grow with us.
Project Coordinator. This person is an excellent communicator, both written and orally. As a highly motivated self-starter, committed to the success of the group, the Project Coordinator inspires others through their work. Whether it is researching for clients, proofreading client work or contributing recommendations, this person needs to be able to step up to the plate when necessary. If you are an excellent multi-tasker who is savvy in social media, this might be the role for you.
So, why Marketing Works? We are a team who strives to live out our values on a daily basis. We care about the success of one another and put others first. In the words of our CEO and President, Sandra Fekete, “The quality of my teammates is second to none. Everyone shares the company’s values: we get it, we do what it takes, we care, and we always do the right thing.”
Here at Marketing Works we are always striving to grow and learn, and we want you to be a part of that. If you are someone who “gets it,” we would love to have a conversation with you. Is your interest piqued? If so, visit http://bit.ly/MWContactUs or we can be reached at 614-540-5520. Talk to you soon!
Posted by: Sarah Hurd | Posted on: December 22nd, 2014 | 0 Comments
We spend nearly forty hours a week with them. They witness our accomplishments, our downfalls and they often hold us accountable to a job well done. As I’m sure you all can guess, I’m talking about our coworkers.
You see, not only do these people play a fairly significant part in our weekly lives, but they have the ability to understand some of the challenges we face and obstacles we overcome outside of the office. However, at the same time, if we do not have peace and comradery with these people, then the office environment may get a little tense (to say the least).
So how do you build a relationship of trust with your coworkers? In the midst of so many different personalities, this can seem like quite the quest, but once you conquer it, the results will be priceless.
In the words of the great Michael Jordan, “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” Although Michael Jordan might have been speaking about the game of basketball, teamwork applies to nearly every aspect of life, both on and off the court. When you’re working among a strong, cohesive group of people, you’re not only concerned about the well being of the company, but you don’t want to let your coworkers (aka: your team) down. Company culture is vital to a company’s success!
Here are three great (and inexpensive) ways your company can facilitate team bonding, ultimately leading to a unified team of people working toward a common goal of success.
- Volunteer. This costs you nothing but a little bit of your time. Not only does this help strengthen existing relationships by working together, but it creates memories. Yesterday and today, some of our Marketing Works team members spent a portion of their morning volunteering with Salvation Army. Not only does it make me feel proud to work for a company that values others, but it’s rewarding to see Marketing Works strive to live out our values (great job Marketing Works)!
- CAP2. Companies Are People, Too (CAP2) is an 84-question diagnostic assessment founded by Sandra Fekete. This provides insight into your organization’s culture and reveals how you and your coworkers can best communicate with one another. When you take this assessment, you have a better understanding of your coworkers’ personalities, stressors and strengths. Knowledge is power, and when you understand one another better, you know how to reach them, creating a healthier relationship.
- Schedule one-on-ones. From the very beginning, Marketing Works encouraged me to schedule one-on-ones with my coworkers. In just 15 minutes, I learn so much. Not only does it break the ice for any future conversations, but it helps each of us learn how to best communicate and personalize our style respectively. This has helped me prevent conflict and better yet, appreciate the unique qualities each person offers to this company. I greatly recommend this tip!
While it may seem like a challenge, a little effort and an open mind can go a long way. When there is one, unified team in the office, not only will you work happier, but you will be more motivated to serve your team well and complete a job well-done.
So now I pose the question to you! What do you do to build and strengthen your team? Please share with us in the comments.